In the summer of 2015 South Africa experienced the worst drought in 30 years and this has caused a terrible strain on the national water supply. Not only did this have devastating environmental effects on the country’s agriculture, but urban water supplies are at an all-time low. To make matters worse citizens can look forward to a price increases on the municipal water supplies, as well as large scale restrictions in many parts of the country.
So the search is on for alternative sources of fresh water and the Borehole Water Association has stepped up with a campaign early in 2016 to get citizens in Johannesburg to start using groundwater from the boreholes in their back gardens, and Pretoria should soon follow suite.
Although borehole water may seem harmless, it is better to have peace of mind when using it for drinking and recreational purposes. Borehole water can be contaminated from the environment by French drains, leaking municipal sewage lines, agricultural waste run-off and the surrounding geology. This is why we offer packages tailor-made by our monitoring division to suit the home-owner’s needs.
In our ISO17025 SANAS accredited laboratory we are able to test the water from your borehole to make sure it is safe for human consumption. To do this we make use of water quality guidelines (SANS 241-1:2015) to ensure the physical, chemical and bacteriological quality of the water.
Other borehole services:
- Borehole water quality testing for home / domestic use
- Borehole water quality testing for irrigation
- Borehole water quality testing for Livestock / animal/farm use
- Borehole water quality testing for factory manufacturing processes
Our process when you would like us to test a borehole water sample:
- Request a quote from email@example.com
- We will pick up your samples or you can deliver your samples to us
- Samples will be logged into our system
- You’ll receive an invoice
- The water quality will be analysed and the results verified.
- A Test Report or Water Quality Report will be compiled with the results of your sample
- Receive your results via email.
To get a quote for borehole water testing please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our offices are based in Centurion, Gauteng, but we collect and test samples from all over South Africa and Africa.